Mount Snow lift tickets aren't getting any cheaper. That's a definite. Factor in the cost of ski and snowboard gear, lodging near Mount Snow, the price of fuel when driving up to Vermont and the expensive base lodge food, and Mount Snow lift tickets can seem downright astronomical.
That's why we've compiled a list of discounts and special deals to get you on Mount Snow's slopes without setting your wallet on fire.
1. Youth Pay Their Age Day -- January 8, 2012 By far one of Mount Snow's most popular discount lift ticket options. It's a simple premise, all kids 18 and under pay their age for a full day lift ticket.
2. Valentine's Day 2 for 1 -- February 14, 2012 Show up to the lift ticket window on Valentine's Day with another person (it doesn't even need to be a romantic someone) and get 2 Mount Snow lift tickets for $49.
3. Bring-a-Friend Fridays This special runs all season long. Season passholders may bring a buddy to the mountain on non-holiday Fridays and he she will score Mount Snow lift tickets for $50 (adult) and $29 (youth and seniors). Limit one buddy per passholder.
4. College Kid Thursdays-- January 2 - 6 and 9 -13, 2012 College kids are notoriously strapped for cash, so here's their redemption. Mount Snow hosts "College Weeks" the first two weeks of January. And on January 5 and 12 (both Thursdays) students can score $29 lift tickets. Just show up at the ticket window with a valid college ID.
5. Buy Online and Save If you purchase lift tickets online directly through mountsnow.com, you can save 5%. One caveat, though, you must purchase at least a 2-day ticket.
6. St. Patty's Day Special -- March 16, 2012 A screaming deal that would be ludicrous to pass up. All full-day Mount Snow lift tickets are just $17. You don't need to be Irish or even be wearing green.
And last but not least, don't forget that if you're coming up to ski or ride at Mount Snow, you might as well get a great deal on a place to stay. Check out our listings of long and short-term southern Vermont real estate rentals, available all winter long. We're located just 15 minutes from the base of Mount Snow.
Have fun out there, money saver.